Quality Plant Leader
The GEA Way
At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey? We are looking to hire a Quality Plant leader to own, execute and ensure compliance to the factory floor Quality Operating System. This individual will monitor scrap data, escalate issues as needed and manage the shop Quality team by training and coaching on quality and repair standards. This position requires leadership skills to make decisions in critical moments and identifying corrective actions.
PositionQuality Plant Leader
LocationUSA, LaFayette, GA
How You'll Create Possibilities
- Lead & direct Quality Analysts to ensure compliance of the Quality Plan. Ensure processes and testing are performed according to the MCP/MCI/visual standards and data collected as prescribed.
- Monitor the internal Quality audits and product testing looking for negative trends that could lead to out-of-control and out-of-spec product.
- Ensure quality team executes and audits the factory floor quality plans.
- Tools used: QSP's, MCP's, MCI and standard work forms and Quality Manual
- Areas to audit: Changeovers, new operators, CTQ jobs, Priority Part jobs, test and repair procedures, embargo effectiveness
- Respond to alerts driven by factory nonconformity or parts being rejected or replaced.
- Manage the internal Quality Operating System to contain defects within the plant and lead resolution, corrective action and/or escalation.
- Maintain, update and create control plans and other supporting ISO documentation as well as electronic systems.
- Attend daily escalation and production meetings and escalate critical defects.
- Identify issues and escalate to supplier quality for corrective action.
- Manage Quality team to ensure timely accounting and entry of rejects and scrap into QA system.
- Provide technical support and guidance to troubleshoot, analyze and drive actions to improve process yields and reduce scrap using Lean Six Sigma.
- Support and improve MCI/MCP process. Review and sign off.
- Manage and prioritize the M&S account for quality.
- Review all new CTQ's, Qualification runs, approve drawings and 1st piece acceptance in supporting NPI and MCTO activity.
- Focus on problem solving efforts of multiple teams to resolve run the plant quality issues for both internal to the plant and supplier focused issues.
- Weekly updates on specific process improvements (4 block by process).
What You'll Bring to Our Team
- Technical B.S. degree is highly preferred and prior manufacturing experience in Assembly Processes.
- Lean engagement demonstrated or Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is preferred.
- Strong analytical/problem solving/project leadership skills.
- Self-starter, ability to take initiative and drive positive change and manage daily firefighting.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop, manage and implement aggressive project plans.
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to email@example.com