Sr Associate - Copywriter|
We’re a dynamic, integrated in-house agency that really appreciates creative challenges, whether we’re creating innovative content and experiences across our owned and paid channels, or working closely with other talented agencies to do the same. We are skilled partners across creative disciplines who help define, provide creative vision for and deliver on the expression of the Chase brand across our global ecosystem.
We’re looking for an experienced, creative Copywriter who can communicate the human side of our business brands while educating, informing and encouraging our customers along every step of their financial journey.
As a Copywriter on our team, you’ll concept and execute on-brand tactics in our 360 ecosystem (from film and social to emails, landing pages, print, style guides, etc.) that tell the story behind our products and initiatives, and bring our voice, business and brand to life. Partnership and teamwork are fundamental to this role: You’ll work closely with art directors, creative directors, brand managers and other partners on best-in-class creative solutions that communicate the strategic intent for each deliverable. You’ll develop a strong understanding of our brand, our customers and their journeys, as well as our brand voice & tone and all its nuances.
Our ideal candidate works both collaboratively and independently; knows the importance of good communication and has a proven track record of it; pays attention to the details and polishes their work, but knows how to hit a deadline; and is comfortable writing short, long and everything in between to deliver compelling copy that motivates, inspires and moves people to think and act differently and form new understandings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements
- Collaborate with art directors, designers, creative directors and brand managers to unearth strategic insights and convert them into compelling creative executions for multiple lines of business across various platforms: web, mobile, social, print, direct mail, posters, emails, retail signage, presentations, events, and video.
- Ideate and write simple and inspired copy that is always on tone and on brand—following our Brand guidelines, voice & tone and editorial style guide.
- Cultivate a solid understanding of the strategy and market dynamics of assigned product(s)
- Work closely with art director partner, brand managers and creative operations managers to meet established deadlines
- Comfortably present creative ideas and solutions to peers, managers and business partners
- Participate in project kickoffs, status meetings and creative reviews to stay aligned with the creative process and ensure adherence to timelines
- Complete all assigned work on deadline and regularly communicate status updates to your managers and teammates
- Familiarize yourself with learning the nuances of multiple lines of business (i.e. credit card, business banking, merchant services, consumer bank/branch, home lending, auto, digital wallets, investing and corporate)
- 5+ years of professional writing experience; agency experience is strongly preferred but not required
- A bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, creative writing, or a similar course of study.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, or the ability to learn it quickly (experience writing in a regulated industry preferred)
- Strong attention to detail and command of the English language (you comb your work—and others’—for logic, grammar, spelling and consistency)
- Experience writing to a brand voice, and keen sense of how to tailor a message to audience
- Experienced at translating a creative brief into clear and motivating creative
- Proven conceptual thinker with experience in a wide array of media, including digital, email, social media, print, direct response, video and events/display
- Listens and communicates well and is open to feedback
- Strong communication, presentation and strategy skills
- Proactive, organized and detail-oriented work style
- Able to effectively handle multiple assignments concurrently, partner effectively and consistently meet deadlines—without losing your cool
- Equal parts confidence, humility, empathy and desire to learn
- Committed work ethic and sense of professional pride and purpose—you love what you do!
- Aren’t afraid to be the person to throw out the craziest idea—you never know