Senior Metrology Engineer - CMM Scanning Specialist
The GEA Way
At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey? The Senior Metrology Engineer will be the primary person responsible for both production (quality) measurement systems, Engineering Design Implementations and Calibrations. Defining what and how things are to be measured, prioritizing projects, trouble shoot production issues, communicating results and maintaining the calibrations of all measurement equipment within Roper. They will need to be familiar with scanning principles, as well as CAD practices and metrology. This a fast-paced environment and must be able to work with a talented team of diverse individuals with abundant opportunities to learn and grow. This role is located in LaFayette, GA (Greater Chattanooga, TN).
PositionSenior Metrology Engineer - CMM Scanning Specialist
LocationUSA, LaFayette, GA
How You'll Create Possibilities
- Considered the Metrology Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the new program integration team
- Responsible for steering a robust Metrology strategy during the NPI program across all product lines and integration into manufacturing
- Supports metrology documentation in GEA Quality Management Systems
- Involved in fixture/gage design projects for NPI and production parts
- Supports the Advanced Quality Engineering and Supplier Quality Engineering team in part, product, and tooling qualification
- Guide Functional GD&T, PPAP Inspection for NPI/Capacity
- Provide dimensional feedback to Manufacturing Quality from data received from CMM, Laser Tracker, Scanning, and other metrology means
- Responsible for developing and enforcing Manufacturing Quality standards related to the application of dimensional management and 3D metrology
- Promote a culture of innovation and learning through external collaborations and benchmarking
- Support the development of new measurement technology and processes
- Manage calibration coordinator and scan technicians on multiple shifts
- Support production quality across Roper
- Communications with Metrology groups across GEA
- Support calibration on equipment within Roper
- Travel for training as required - 10%
- Fundamental understanding of Polyworks
- Maintain CMM equipment across daily production
- Some python programing experience is desired to interface between program launch interface and polyworks
What You'll Bring to Our Team
- College Degree desired, technical field preferred
- 3-5 plus years in Metrology Engineering or Dimensional Engineering
- Prior experience leading CMM Operators is desired
- Skilled in 3D metrology, model-based inspection methods, and scanning using structured light, laser, CT X-ray, or measuring arm
- Skilled reading, interpreting, and applying Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5 GD&T Standard
- Excellent teamwork skills. Self-starter
- Able to balance priorities in a potentially high stress environment
- Motivated problem solver
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org