Associate Relations Specialist|
Wallick Communities gives low-income families, single parents, and senior citizens a place called “home” – thanks to five decades of experience in developing, building, managing and overseeing affordable multi-family housing and assisted-living communities across the mid-west.
• 55 years serving our communities
• 24,000+ residents call our community’s home
• 9 states and growing
• 900+ associates
• 92% associate engagement score
Wallick Mission: Opening doors to homes, opportunity, and hope.
Wallick Values: Our Values flow directly from our Mission and set the expectation for how all associates work together. These values are:
The work - How you will contribute: In accordance with the Wallick Mission and Values, you will make an immediate impact to the organization through partnering with people leaders to resolve associate relations issues and investigations, conflict resolution and other work-related issues and case documentation. You will partner with our Care Force people leaders to coach along the way and work through associate issues with the best possible outcome for the associate and for Wallick.
The Associate Relations team is growing, and this role will help lead the creation of Wallick Policy research and development, implementation, and adherence.
Travel: Position requires frequent travel to multiple states within the portfolio (approximately 70%)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Partner with people leaders on timely resolution of all associate relations issues across our Care Force.
- Assist with research, development, enforcement and administration of all HR policies and procedures.
- Responsible for completion of the annual EEO-1 Report, adherence to reporting guidelines and data tracking.
- Assist with investigating and resolving all Title VII charges
- Investigate and resolve concerns arising from associate engagement surveys.
- Ensure timely resolution of all HR related lawsuits
- Assist with the timely investigation and response to unemployment and Workers Comp claims.
- You have 3 or more years’ experience in an HR concentration such as associate relations or HR business partner roles that focused heavily on associate relations and people leader coaching.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in HR.
- You are fluent in your knowledge and application of laws and regulations governing human resources.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience, tact, and respect.
- Ability to effectively communicate to the workforce both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing. Ability to read, analyze and interpret reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from internal and external sources.
- You have superb documentation and report-writing skills.
• Pay on demand (access your money as soon as you earn it)
• Up to 8 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
• Paid time off, Holiday pay, and Gift of Time
• Health, Dental and Vision insurance effective the first day of the next pay period following the date of hire, typically within 2 weeks
• Gym membership or Fitness equipment reimbursement
• Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
• Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity coverage
• 401(k) with a 3.5% company match
• Tuition reimbursement
• Pet insurance