Information Security Engineer (Remote)|
As a Technology team member, youre empowered to make an impact, employ your entrepreneurial spirit and build a career customized by you because at Rocket, you can. We are creating digital products that solve lifes most complex moments. Youll get the chance to shape the future of tech, have your voice heard, get ahead in your career and develop your skills. With a tech career here, there's no limit to what you can achieve.
- 3 years of experience in a technical information technology role
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise Security
- Understanding of and practical experience with internal certificate authorities, Microsoft Windows preventive and detective controls, Microsoft Active Directory design/architecture and security, data loss/leak prevention and multifactor authentication
- Understanding of and practical experience with vulnerability management tools
- Understanding of network design, encryption/PKI, mobile security, network security technologies and vulnerability management
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent writing, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think analytically and a strong sense of urgency
- Capacity to look at all situations objectively and a love for challenging assumptions
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced, startup-style environment
- Love for cross-training and building stronger teams
- ISC2, GIAC or other security certification
- Knowledge of the mortgage/financial industry
- Practical knowledge of any combination of PCI-DSS, GLBA, HIPAA and state/federal privacy laws
- Knowledge of Mac OSX security
- AWS or Azure cloud experience
Our Information Security Engineers deliver security solutions. To succeed in this role, you will need to be detail-oriented, love to take risks and constantly challenge assumptions. You'll need to regularly consult IT teams and other business areas to help interpret and communicate risk. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in a hands-on technical role.
- Provide an interface between the business and IT for technical security projects
- Craft strategies, controls and architecture specifically for desktop, workstation/endpoint and mobile device security
- Maintain the organization's data loss prevention, endpoint security, CASB, UEBA, and other security solutions
- Optimize technologies and processes for information security analysts
Who We Are
Rocket Companies is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage, which was founded in 1985. Today, were a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. Were insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. Were passionate about the work we do, and it shows. Weve been ranked #7 on Fortunes list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022, as well as ranking #1 for Fortunes Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Colorado Candidates Only. Pursuant to the disclosure requirements of C.R.S. 8-5-101, et seq., the minimum salary for this position for candidates in Colorado is approximately eighty-one thousand dollars. The position may also be eligible for an annual bonus and other employment-related benefits. The information regarding compensation and other benefits included in this paragraph is only an estimate and is subject to revision from time to time as the Company, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems appropriate. The Company may determine during its review of the proposed minimum compensation and benefits provided for this position, that the compensation and benefits for such position should be reduced. In no event will the Company reduce the compensation for the position to a level below the applicable jurisdictional minimum wage rate for the position. The Company is a proud equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members.