Product Designer (Remote)|
As a Technology team member, youre empowered to make an impact, employ your entrepreneurial spirit and build a career customized by you because at Rocket, you can. We are creating digital products that solve lifes most complex moments. Youll get the chance to shape the future of tech, have your voice heard, get ahead in your career and develop your skills. With a tech career here, there's no limit to what you can achieve.
- 3 years of experience collaborating with multiple disciplines, such as product, engineering and data analysis
- Proficiency with current design tools, including Sketch, Creative Suite and InVision, as well as pen and paper to define work at both low and high fidelity
- Deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative product design process, including how to develop and use wireframing, prototyping, user testing and high-fidelity visuals
- Product design and UI/UX abilities shown in a portfolio of live projects
- Bachelors degree in creative design, computer science or a related field
As a Product Designer, you'll own our digital products' conceptual and visual design by iterating through wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups. In this role, you'll apply UX and UI principles and practices to ensure that user feedback and research influence each step of the process.
- Create and deliver designs of new features and quickly prototype solutions to visual and interaction problems
- Develop a deep understanding of client problems to create elegant but practical solutions
- Represent our users and their perspectives to our product strategy and road map discussions
- Collaborate with the research team and leverage feedback to solve users problems to ensure a good user experience
- Contribute to our growing design system to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire platform
- Take the initiative in identifying problems and opportunities to improve the product
- Collaborate iteratively to quickly work through ideas/solutions
Who We Are
Rocket Companiesis a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage, which was founded in 1985. Today, were a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. Were insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. Were passionate about the work we do, and it shows. Weve been ranked #7 on Fortunes list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022, as well as ranking #1 for Fortunes Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Colorado Candidates Only. Pursuant to the disclosure requirements of C.R.S. 8-5-101, et seq., the minimum salary for this position for candidates in Colorado is approximately sixty thousand five hundred dollars. The position may also be eligible for an annual bonus and other employment-related benefits. The information regarding compensation and other benefits included in this paragraph is only an estimate and is subject to revision from time to time as the Company, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems appropriate. The Company may determine during its review of the proposed minimum compensation and benefits provided for this position, that the compensation and benefits for such position should be reduced. In no event will the Company reduce the compensation for the position to a level below the applicable jurisdictional minimum wage rate for the position. The Company is a proud equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members.