|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Finance/Economics, Human Resources, Information Technology, Insurance, Legal, Military, Real Estate, Sales, Transportation, Executive Management, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Rocket Central is a centralized hub that delivers thoughtful and innovative solutions for Rocket Companies. We are the center of operations, technology, marketing, HR, legal, strategy and more that propels our companies forward. Here, well give you the opportunity to launch your career and work with various companies, spanning multiple industries from fintech, to auto and real estate. We offer you the tools youll need to succeed, no matter what stage youre at in your career. Youll be able to master your craft here by working on complex problems in a collaborative culture and challenging yourself to make a real impact.
Apply today to see all that Rocket Central has to offer!
- 3 years of full-time experience planning and executing events
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
As an Event Manager, you'll plan and execute special events, meetings, incentive travel, parties, award shows, charity functions and more for the Family of Companies.
- Work with internal clients to assess goals, timelines and budgets to produce outstanding events
- Solicit quotes for food/beverage selections and make arrangements for audiovisual service, transportation, travel, entertainment, decor, venue, etc.
- Propose theming, look and feel, and other event elements to clients
- Create planning cadence and timeline and provide ongoing updates to a team of planners, vendors, clients and leadership
- Develop detailed run-of-show documents for events, from load-in through show and load-out
- Oversee event expenses from quote through requisition/payment and tracking of expenses for reporting
- Source city locations, venues, travel, arrangements and other event elements for incentive trips and out-of-town events
- Manage registration process for events
- Manage volunteer workforce for events
- Handle stage management
- Collaborate with the Event Graphic Design team to produce various email communications, PowerPoint and Keynote presentations, registrations, post-event surveys and printed collateral for events
- Supervise Event Production interns
Who We Are
Rocket Companiesis a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage, which was founded in 1985. Today, we're a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We're insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. And we're passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We've been ranked #5 on Fortune's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune's Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.