|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Finance/Economics, Human Resources, Information Technology, Insurance, Legal, Military, Real Estate, Sales, Publishing, Web Technology
Rocket Central is a centralized hub that delivers thoughtful and innovative solutions for Rocket Companies. We are the center of operations, technology, marketing, HR, legal, strategy and more that propels our companies forward. Here, well give you the opportunity to launch your career and work with various companies, spanning multiple industries from fintech, to auto and real estate. We offer you the tools youll need to succeed, no matter what stage youre at in your career. Youll be able to master your craft here by working on complex problems in a collaborative culture and challenging yourself to make a real impact.
Apply today to see all that Rocket Central has to offer!
- 3 years of relevant experience with a focus on data-driven journalism
- Strong understanding of statistics, data analysis and data visualization
- Hands-on experience with web scraping, programming (Python, R or similar language), SQL and Tableau
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Top-notch editorial sensibility, you know what will get an editor's attention
- Strong written and persuasive communication skills
As a Data Journalist, you will develop unique, newsworthy stories from complex data sets. Youll own the content process from ideation through data crunching. In this role, you will take ideas then determine the data set to use or field a survey, write code to query databases, crunch the numbers, and create guidance for visuals. This is an opportunity to collaborate closely with the Media Relations and Publishing teams throughout the process to devise pitch angles and help drive top-notch ideas to execution.
- Develop engaging, data-rich stories and communicate stories to media outlets
- Determine the datasets needed, compile data and translate data into impactful insights
- Build compelling visuals, like maps, charts and graphs to support stories
- Conduct hands-on, advanced analytics using multiple data sources (including internal and external sources) originating from different applications and different systems
Who We Are
Rocket Companiesis a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage, which was founded in 1985. Today, we're a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We're insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. And we're passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We've been ranked #5 on Fortune's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune's Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.