Software Engineer Node/TypeScript/Kafka (Remote)|
As a Technology team member, youre empowered to make an impact, employ your entrepreneurial spirit and build a career customized by you because at Rocket, you can. We are creating digital products that solve lifes most complex moments. Youll get the chance to shape the future of tech, have your voice heard, get ahead in your career and develop your skills. With a tech career here, there's no limit to what you can achieve.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience in infrastructure and software development on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 2 years of experience in software testing and design
- 2 years of experience in database management as it relates to software development
- 1 year of experience building enterprise services and solutions with Kafka
As a Software Engineer, you will use various programming languages to develop, improve, test, and/or maintain software that meets user needs. You will join a friendly, collaborative team with a passion for getting their hands dirty and, above all else, finding the right solution.
- Design, develop or modify the software and/or software systems by using various programming languages depending on the need of the product and also taking the service architecture into consideration
- Modify existing software to fix errors, improve the overall quality and functionality, or update integrations with other software
- Analyze user needs to determine how software should be built or if existing software should be modified
- Develop and/or perform software automated testing procedures, solutions and frameworks to ensure software functions as needed
- Translate business requirements and specifications into usable and scalable software
- Process and understand the capabilities and limitations of data outputs from the software
- Understand and assist with the technical infrastructure of an application or system
- Troubleshoot performance issues
- Participate in discussions about the team's future vision and strategy
Who We Are
Rocket Companiesis a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage, which was founded in 1985. Today, were a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. Were insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. Were passionate about the work we do, and it shows. Weve been ranked #7 on Fortunes list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022, as well as ranking #1 for Fortunes Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Colorado Candidates Only. Pursuant to the disclosure requirements of C.R.S. 8-5-101, et seq., the minimum salary for this position for candidates in Colorado is approximately fifty-nine thousand dollars. The position may also be eligible for an annual bonus and other employment-related benefits. The information regarding compensation and other benefits included in this paragraph is only an estimate and is subject to revision from time to time as the Company, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems appropriate. The Company may determine during its review of the proposed minimum compensation and benefits provided for this position, that the compensation and benefits for such position should be reduced. In no event will the Company reduce the compensation for the position to a level below the applicable jurisdictional minimum wage rate for the position. The Company is a proud equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members.