Senior Product Designer|
- 5 years of experience collaborating with multiple disciplines, such as product, engineering and data analysis
- Proficiency with current design tools, including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and InVision, as well as pen and paper to define work at both low and high fidelity
- Deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative product design process, including how to develop and use wireframing, prototyping, user testing and high-fidelity visuals
- Product design and UI/UX abilities shown in a portfolio of live projects
- Experience mentoring designers through the full product design process
- Bachelors degree in creative design, computer science or a related field
As a Senior Product Designer, you will own the conceptual and visual design of our digital products by iterating through wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity mockups. You will apply UX and UI principles and practices to ensure that each step is influenced by user feedback and research. This is an opportunity to mentor a team of product designers through best practices and skill development.
- Create and deliver designs of new features and quickly prototype solutions to visual and interaction problems
- Develop a deep understanding of customer problems to create elegant but practical solutions
- Represent our users and their perspectives to our product strategy and road map discussions
- Collaborate with the research team and leverage feedback to solve users problems to ensure a good user experience
- Take the initiative in identifying problems and opportunities to improve the product
- Maintain ownership of our growing design system to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire platform
- Collaborate iteratively to work through ideas/solutions quickly
- Mentor a team of product designers by providing vision, coaching and structures to the team to help improve their work and roles
Who We Are
Rocket Companiesis a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage, which was founded in 1985. Today, were a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. Were insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. And were passionate about the work we do, and it shows. Weve been ranked #5 on Fortunes list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortunes Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.