Experience Designer - Platform|
As a Rocket Companies team member, youre empowered to make an impact, employ your entrepreneurial spirit, and build a career customized by you because At Rocket, You Can.
Our company is at an exciting inflection point were on the path to build out and scale an entire platform across multiple businesses, thereby, creating certainty in lifes complex moments for our clients. Our team members are change agents who combine strategic decision making with strong execution in an environment of constantly changing markets and consumer demands.
We are tackling the biggest problems at scale that need solving from innovators like yourself those seeking to challenge the status quo, dive deeply into technology, solve client issues and leverage our tech platform to deliver distinct, innovative solutions. Not only will you become part of the team reshaping the fintech industry, you will also have opportunities to contribute to our mission, which transcends far beyond the bottom-line and into the communities in which we live and work. Join our team and raise the bar for the fintech industry.
The primary location of this role is in Detroit, Michigan. By applying to this position, youll have an opportunity to share your preferred working location.Relocation assistance to Detroit, Michigan may be available.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in User Experience, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Information Architecture, Psychology, Human-Computer-Interaction (HCI), Human Factors or a related field
- 3 years of experience or equivalent competency designing solutions for software, web applications or mobile native apps
- 2 years of experience using industry-standard design and prototyping tools to create low- and high-fidelity designs and define the work, such as Figma or Adobe XD
- Demonstrated experience influencing, negotiating with and gaining buy-in from stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to apply the design decision-making process and incorporate data and key findings into designs
- Demonstrated ability to support the iterative design process from end-to-end, including wireframing, prototyping, user testing and high-fidelity visuals
- Masters degree in User Experience, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Information Architecture, Psychology, Human-Computer-Interaction (HCI), Human Factors or a related field
- Demonstrated experience defining the success criteria and key performance indicators (KPIs) used to measure design effectiveness
- Foundational understanding of common design heuristics and principles
As an Experience Designer, you will deliver superior user experiences to achieve business objectives and successful client outcomes. In this role, you will apply UX and UI principles and methodologies to enhance product design through user research and testing.
The One Rocket Platform team designs experiences that span multiple lines of business. We place a strong emphasis on creating consistent, innovative experiences for millions of clients and the trusted partners who serve them.
Who We Are
Rocket Companiesis a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage, which was founded in 1985. Today, were a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. Were insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. And were passionate about the work we do, and it shows. Weve been ranked #5 on Fortunes list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortunes Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Colorado Candidates Only. Pursuant to the disclosure requirements of C.R.S. 8-5-101, et seq., the minimum salary for this position for candidates in Colorado is approximately seventy-four thousand dollars. The position may also be eligible for an annual bonus and other employment-related benefits. The information regarding compensation and other benefits included in this paragraph is only an estimate and is subject to revision from time to time as the Company, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems appropriate. The Company may determine during its review of the proposed minimum compensation and benefits provided for this position, that the compensation and benefits for such position should be reduced. In no event will the Company reduce the compensation for the position to a level below the applicable jurisdictional minimum wage rate for the position. The Company is a proud equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members.