|| Architectural Services, Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Engineering, Finance/Economics, Information Technology, Insurance, Law Enforcement, and Security, Military, Real Estate, Research & Development
Information Security Engineer|
As a Technology team member, youre empowered to make an impact, employ your entrepreneurial spirit and build a career customized by you because at Rocket, you can. We are creating digital products that solve lifes most complex moments. Youll get the chance to shape the future of tech, have your voice heard, get ahead in your career and develop your skills. With a tech career here, there's no limit to what you can achieve.
- 3 years in a technical IT security role
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Understanding of IT constructs, including servers, networking, operating systems, development, storage and cloud technologies
- Understanding of information security constructs, including encryption, identity and access, risk analysis, threat hunting, vulnerability management, DLP, IDS/IPS, governance, exploitations and threat landscapes
- 5 years in a technical IT security role
- GIAC, GSEC or other security certifications
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
As the Information Security Engineer, you will help interpret and communicate risk. You will also create solutions that will keep the clients and company safe and secure. You will communicate regularly with IT teams to ensure the right controls are implemented at the right time.
- Assist software development architects on secure coding and architecture practices
- Assist with metric collection and application methodologies for internal information risk management efforts
- Consult with teams to ensure data is properly handled throughout our environment
- Collaborate with business, technology, project management, architecture and information security teams to deliver secure solutions that support our business
- Serve as a liaison between the business and IT for technical security projects
- Stay current on information security practices
- Perform qualitative risk assessments on systems and applications
- Work with information security analysts to ensure visibility and security controls are implemented and maintained
- Maintain organizations security information tools
- Enhance technologies and processes for information security analysts
Who We Are
Rocket Companiesis a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage, which was founded in 1985. Today, were a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. Were insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. Were passionate about the work we do, and it shows. Weve been ranked #7 on Fortunes list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022, as well as ranking #1 for Fortunes Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.