|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Finance/Economics, Human Resources, Information Technology, Insurance, Legal, Military, Real Estate, Sales, Science, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development
Senior Data Scientist|
Rocket Central is a centralized hub that delivers thoughtful and innovative solutions for Rocket Companies. We are the center of operations, technology, marketing, HR, legal, strategy and more that propels our companies forward. Here, well give you the opportunity to launch your career and work with various companies, spanning multiple industries from fintech, to auto and real estate. We offer you the tools youll need to succeed, no matter what stage youre at in your career. Youll be able to master your craft here by working on complex problems in a collaborative culture and challenging yourself to make a real impact.
Apply today to see all that Rocket Central has to offer!
- 5 years of experience working with large data sets in one or more of the following environments: Hadoop, AWS, Azure and/or GCP
- 5 years of experience with statistical and data mining tools and methods
- 5 years of experience with supervised models (e.g., regression, neural networks) and unsupervised techniques (clustering, PCA, SVMs)
- 5 years of experience working with SQL
- 5 years of experience working in a UNIX environment
- 5 years of experience in at least one scripting language (e.g., BASH)
- 5 years of experience in Python and at least one strongly typed language (C++, Java, etc.)
- 5 years of experience with statistical packages
- 5 years of experience providing predictive and prescriptive analytics in a business setting
- Ph.D. in mathematics, statistics, computer science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Advanced understanding of data visualization libraries
- Advanced understanding of statistical methodologies for modeling and business analytics
As a Senior Data Scientist, you'll be responsible for performing exploratory data analysis, feature engineering and predictive modeling to provide actionable insights and strategic direction for business leaders. In this role, you'll delve into the recesses of large data sets of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data to discover hidden knowledge about our business and develop methods to leverage that knowledge within our line of business.
- Analyze, manipulate and process large sets of data
- Develop predictive and prescriptive statistical models from large sets of structured and unstructured data
- Identify methods that allow continuous and automated statistical testing to enhance the predictability of deployed models
- Develop machine learning algorithms
- Apply feature selection algorithms to models predicting outcomes of interest
- Apply sampling techniques to determine groups to be surveyed
- Compare models using statistical performance metrics, such as loss functions or proportion of explained variance
- Create graphs, charts or other visualizations to convey the results of data analysis
- Deliver oral or written presentations of the results of mathematical modeling and data analysis to stakeholders
- Identify business problems or leader objectives that can be addressed through data analysis
- Identify relationships and trends or any factors that could affect the results of research
- Identify and propose solutions to business problems using the results of data analysis
- Test, validate and reformulate models to ensure accurate prediction of outcomes of interest
- Write new functions or applications to conduct analyses
- the deployment of applicable models for business projects
- Communicate analyses, conclusions and solutions clearly to all audiences
- Sequence the steps involved to deliver a working model, estimate the timelines for the completion of work and communicate this information to the project manager
- Advise project teams on application improvements that will result in enhanced predictive and prescriptive models
- Develop and evangelize best practices for statistical or behavioral models
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Collaborate with the engineering and product teams to develop and support our internal data platform to support ongoing analyses
- Mentor and train other data scientists
Who We Are
Rocket Companiesis a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage, which was founded in 1985. Today, were a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. Were insistently different in how we look at the world and are committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. Were passionate about the work we do, and it shows. Weve been ranked #7 on Fortunes list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022, as well as ranking #1 for Fortunes Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Colorado Candidates Only. Pursuant to the disclosure requirements of C.R.S. 8-5-101, et seq., the minimum salary for this position for candidates in Colorado is approximately ninety-four thousand dollars. The position may also be eligible for an annual bonus and other employment-related benefits. The information regarding compensation and other benefits included in this paragraph is only an estimate and is subject to revision from time to time as the Company, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems appropriate. The Company may determine during its review of the proposed minimum compensation and benefits provided for this position, that the compensation and benefits for such position should be reduced. In no event will the Company reduce the compensation for the position to a level below the applicable jurisdictional minimum wage rate for the position. The Company is a proud equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members.