|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Architectural Services, Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Engineering, Finance/Economics, Human Resources, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Insurance, Legal, Military, Real Estate, Sales, Science, Research & Development, Writing/Authoring
Senior Big Data Engineer|
Rocket Central is a centralized hub that delivers thoughtful and innovative solutions for Rocket Companies. We are the center of operations, technology, marketing, HR, legal, strategy and more that propels our companies forward. Here, well give you the opportunity to launch your career and work with various companies, spanning multiple industries from fintech, to auto and real estate. We offer you the tools youll need to succeed, no matter what stage youre at in your career. Youll be able to master your craft here by working on complex problems in a collaborative culture and challenging yourself to make a real impact.
Apply today to see all that Rocket Central has to offer!
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 4 years of experience with big data/Hadoop distribution and ecosystem tools, such as Hive, HBase, Spark, Kafka, NiFi and Oozie
- 4 years of experience developing batch and streaming ETL processes
- 4 years of experience working with relational and NoSQL databases, including modeling and writing complex queries
- Masters degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with programming languages, such as Python, Java or C#
- Experience with Linux system administration, Linux scripting, and basic network skills
- Experience coding against and developing REST APIs
As a Senior Big Data Engineer, you'll be responsible for engaging in the design, development and maintenance of the big data platform and solutions. This includes analytical solutions that provide visibility and decision support using big data technologies.
The role involves administering a Hadoop cluster, developing data integration solutions, and work with data scientists, system administrators and data architects to ensure the platform meets business demands.
- Develop ELT processes from various data repositories and APIs across the enterprise, ensuring data quality and process efficiency
- Develop data processing scripts using Spark
- Develop relational and NoSQL data models to help conform data to meet users needs using Hive and HBase
- Integrate platform into existing EDW and various operational systems
- Develop administration processes to monitor cluster performance, resource usage, backup and mirroring to ensure a highly available platform.
- Address performance and scalability issues in a large-scale data lake environment
Who We Are
Rocket Companies is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage, which was founded in 1985. Today, we're a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We're insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. And we're passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We've been ranked #5 on Fortune's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune's Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Colorado Candidates Only. Pursuant to the disclosure requirements of C.R.S. 8-5-101, et seq., the minimum salary for this position for candidates in Colorado is approximately eighty-one thousand dollars. The position may also be eligible for an annual bonus and other employment-related benefits. The information regarding compensation and other benefits included in this paragraph is only an estimate and is subject to revision from time to time as the Company, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems appropriate. The Company may determine during its review of the proposed minimum compensation and benefits provided for this position, that the compensation and benefits for such position should be reduced. In no event will the Company reduce the compensation for the position to a level below the applicable jurisdictional minimum wage rate for the position. The Company is a proud equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members.