|| Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Architectural Services, Computers, Software, Construction, Mining and Trades, Engineering, Finance/Economics, Information Technology, Insurance, Law Enforcement, and Security, Military, Real Estate, Sales, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development, Web Technology, Energy / Utilities
Senior iOS Mobile Developer (Remote Option)|
Rocket Mortgage, backed by Rocket Companies, means more opportunities for you to carve your own career path forward. From our desire to revolutionize the way people get mortgages to addressing challenges big or small with outside-the-box solutions, were not your typical employer.
We are tackling the biggest problems at scale that need solving from innovators like yourself those seeking to challenge the status quo, dive deeply into technology, solve client issues, and leverage our tech platform to deliver distinct, innovative solutions. Not only will you become part of the team reshaping the fintech industry, you will also have opportunities to contribute to our mission, which transcends far beyond the bottom line and into the communities in which we live and work.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Swift
- Knowledge of code versioning such as Git
- Knowledge of testing and debugging tools for mobile applications
- Knowledge of communicating with Web Services
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience working as part of an Agile team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- User interface implementation experience
- Related experience in software testing and design
- Team-oriented experience
- History of having applications posted in the Apple App Store
- Experience using Continuous Integrations tools
- Experience performing code reviews
- Experience with Fastlane
As a Senior iOS Mobile Developer, you will work on a project-by-project basis with other engineers, web developers, and business and marketing team members to create an intuitive experience for mobile users. This includes creating, extending and improving native mobile applications for iOS and potentially other mobile platforms; leveraging an internal web service framework; building solutions; and maintaining existing applications, all in a high-energy environment.
- Build great mobile apps by working with other engineers, developers, architects, quality assurance specialists, system engineers and project managers to solve new and existing technical challenges
- Understand requirements, implement solutions and provide administration tools and documentation for specific projects
- Follow and enhance existing development processes
- Measure and verify that new and old code has acceptable performance and scalability
- Deliver accurate estimates, provide regular feedback and consistently meet project deadlines
- Mentor other mobile software engineers by teaching mobile coding techniques, assisting with debugging issues and testing, and explaining what issues could lurk within high-level designs
- Develop and/or perform software automated testing procedures, solutions and frameworks to ensure mobile apps function as needed
- Translate business requirements and specifications into usable app features
- Understand and assist with the technical infrastructure of multiple applications and services
- Troubleshoot performance issues
- Lead design and code reviews
- Determine, execute and help in continuous improvements to app deployment processes
- Anticipate and communicate blockers, delays and cost ballooning within the teams projects before they require escalation
- Ensure expectations with the team and external stakeholders are clarified between all parties involved
- Be aware of and support best practices from a security perspective
- Participate in discussions about the teams future vision and strategy
Who We Are
Rocket Companies is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage, which was founded in 1985. Today, we're a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We're insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. And we're passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We've been ranked #5 on Fortune's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune's Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Colorado Candidates Only. Pursuant to the disclosure requirements of C.R.S. 8-5-101, et seq., the minimum salary for this position for candidates in Colorado is approximately eighty-one thousand dollars. The position may also be eligible for an annual bonus and other employment-related benefits. The information regarding compensation and other benefits included in this paragraph is only an estimate and is subject to revision from time to time as the Company, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems appropriate. The Company may determine during its review of the proposed minimum compensation and benefits provided for this position, that the compensation and benefits for such position should be reduced. In no event will the Company reduce the compensation for the position to a level below the applicable jurisdictional minimum wage rate for the position. The Company is a proud equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members.