Senior Machine Learning Engineer|
- Masters degree in software development, computer science, algorithm design, artificial intelligence, or machine learning or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in machine learning and using libraries, such as Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Caffe, Keras, etc.
- 3 years of experience working with large datasets, structured and unstructured
- 3 years of programming experience, including Java, Scala, C/C++ or Python
- 3 years of experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g., Apache Hive, Pig, HBase and Kafka)
- 3 years of experience with distributed computing platforms, such as Spark, and user interface frameworks, such as Angular or React
- 3 years of experience with cloud computing providers, such as AWS or Azure
- Ph.D. in software development, computer science, algorithm design, artificial intelligence, or machine learning or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong object-oriented programming skills, including proficiency in Java, Scala, C/C++ or Python
- Knowledge of big data
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you'll design and develop the platform and frameworks that facilitate automated data-driven decision-making, gathers data, and determines statistical algorithms and models that a system can use to learn from experience, predict outcomes and make decisions.
- Collaborate with data scientists to develop algorithms and tools for training and running simulations
- Build services that interact with machine learning models through simulations
- Assess and improve existing machine learning models and tools
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and share best practices
- Own and develop services that host the trained models and work with other application teams to integrate them into business processes
- Gather and analyze large datasets and develop data model pipelines
- Develop algorithms that drive automated data-driven decision-making
- Build the tools for monitoring the performance of machine learning applications
- Develop fail-safe procedures that ensure the delivery of optimal decisions
- Research new machine learning approaches
- Mentor other machine learning engineers
Who We Are
Rocket Companiesis a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage, which was founded in 1985. Today, were a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. Were insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. And were passionate about the work we do, and it shows. Weve been ranked #5 on Fortunes list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortunes Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Colorado Candidates Only. Pursuant to the disclosure requirements of C.R.S. 8-5-101, et seq., the minimum salary for this position for candidates in Colorado is approximately ninety-four thousand dollars. The position may also be eligible for an annual bonus and other employment-related benefits. The information regarding compensation and other benefits included in this paragraph is only an estimate and is subject to revision from time to time as the Company, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems appropriate. The Company may determine during its review of the proposed minimum compensation and benefits provided for this position, that the compensation and benefits for such position should be reduced. In no event will the Company reduce the compensation for the position to a level below the applicable jurisdictional minimum wage rate for the position. The Company is a proud equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members.