Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Michigan, MI United States
Director, Business Development (People Leader) (22013119)|
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Building lasting relationships is at the heart of our business and that’s exactly what members of our sales team do best. Use your entrepreneurial mindset and consultative approach to create rewarding opportunities for both our customers and yourself, while being backed by an iconic brand. Whether you’re helping our customers get the most value from our range of innovative products and services, or collaborating internally across teams to deliver new solutions, your work can help us become an essential part of our customers’ lives. Find your place in sales on #TeamAmex.
Responsible for the revenue generation in sales offices and/ or key accounts within a geographic area or market. Generally manages Sales Managers and/ or Sales Reps directly by ensuring sales plans and key account strategies are implemented.
Global Merchant Services, the merchant network of American Express, acquires and maintains relationships with millions of merchants around the world who welcome American Express-branded Cards. U.S. Merchant Acquisition and Supplier Enablement (MASE) is an organization comprised of 140 professionals dedicated to signing and enabling U.S. merchants for AXP Card acceptance. Merchant Acquisition contributes over $5B in annual new charge volume to the U.S. merchant business; we are focused on driving growth in B2B spend by enabling our Global Commercial Services clients to spend on to the AXP network.
The Director of Business Development will be a part of the U.S. Merchant Acquisition & Sales Enablement Team within U.S. Merchant Services. This position will be responsible for managing a virtual team of individual contributors (Managers of Business Development) responsible for signing prospects, expanding merchant relationships and identifying high value prospects in assigned territories, with annual revenue up to $1B, to openly welcome American Express cards as a form of payment in their business. The Director will also be responsible for the development and execution of winning sales strategies, with a strong focus on B2B industries, to expand merchant coverage within his/her team’s territory. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for developing strong collaborations and partnerships with internal and external business partners to accelerate and drive the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Effectively managing and motivating the team’s performance and sales success
- Providing regular and effective coaching to develop each team member’s sales effectiveness
- Ensuring the team builds and manages profitable pipelines
- Gathering and sharing best practices, sales strategies, as well as marketplace & competitive intelligence
- Serving as an escalation point for team members to overcome both internal and external challenges
- Managing sales tracking reporting, expense processing, operating & marketing budgets for the team
- Ensuring proper business process and compliance controls
Qualifications & Requirements
- 3-5 years of previous sales people leadership experience
- Proven history of driving and exceeding sales results through people leadership
- Strong track record of leadership and general management skills, such as recruiting, training, coaching, and developing top sales talent
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful sales strategies
- Ability to build strong Blue Box linkages at all organizational levels and across multiple functions.
- Extensive negotiation experience and proven strategic thinking
- Strong financial/analytical skills
- Problem solving and decision-making ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project and time management skills required
- Must demonstrate a strong will to win and strong sense of teamwork
- Working knowledge of related B2B American Express products is a plus
- Applicant must reside within the territory (Michigan, Kentucky, or Ohio) - Some overnight travel required. Up to 25% of travel
- Applicant must have a valid U.S. driver's license and must be able to work from a home office environment
- A valid driver's license is required as this employee will be on the road visiting merchants on average 8-12 days per month. As such, a company car is provided. A motor vehicle records check will be conducted for all successful candidates at the time of offer. Disclosure of all moving violations within the last 3 years (Including, but not limited to: Speeding Tickets, Refusal to submit to BAC (Blood Alcohol Content), Reckless Driving, Leaving scene of accident, and Driver’s License suspension for moving violations) is required during the application process.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e., 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J) in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
In addition, we are required to comply with all client COVID-19 protocols that may be present in advance of meeting and/or entertaining with clients as a requirement of client-facing roles.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
|Contact Name:||Shahadat Hussain|
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.