||Decatur, AL United States
|| Accounting/Auditing, Computers, Software, Engineering, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Broadcasting/Communications, Quality Control, Research & Development
Automated Test Equipment Tech
Job LocationUSA, Decatur, AL
Job Posting TitleAutomated Test Equipment Tech
The Challenge- Maintain, analyze and correct issues with PQA Test Loop equipment, leak detection equipment, ESD equipment/table, data acquisition equipment, and other quality information equipment. This includes calibration, trouble shooting, maintaining spare parts, and repairing complex electronic equipment to the component level.
- Perform troubleshooting of failed units to assist repair personnel with determination of defect cause. Make judgments, draw conclusions, and take corrective actions for improvement.
- Provide technical leadership and advice for the shop and plant management in the area of testing and test equipment for product acceptance. Work closely with Process Engineers and Maintenance personnel for repairs and improvements involving any quality test equipment or information equipment. Advise EHS of any safety and/or ergonomic implications related to product testing.
- Coordinate with engineering for any model changes to establish appropriate test limits. Make program changes to PQA Computer System Software. Set limits, time, create models, etc. Provide support for the engineering group on BEAB, UL, or other regulatory agency audits/visits.
- Advise EHS of any safety and/or ergonomic implications related to product testing.
- Other assigned duties as required by the business to improve operational excellence.
What you will Do
- Basic mechanical skills and electrical / electronics skills (Diagnostics).
- Efficient in computer programming and network communications.
- 3 years recent experience in electricity, electronics, and electronics components with the ability to troubleshoot complex electronic controlled equipment.
- Must have a continuous improvement mindset and possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Associates Degree / 2-year degree in Electronics, Electronics Engineering Technology, Industrial Electronics Technology or equivalent technical degree, or equivalent education and experience.
What you need to Succeed
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, including weekends and holidays to accommodate business conditions.
- Excessive standing
- Frequently lifting/carrying various parts and tools – up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent walking and climbing for extensive periods of time
- Repetitively bending and/or twisting
- Pushing/pulling – up to 35 lbs.
- Fine motor dexterity - gripping/squeezing and pinching repetitively
- Occasionally sitting
- Frequent reaching overhead & at shoulder level
- Must wear all Personal Protective Equipment as required and comply with the NFPA 70E standard
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.