The GEA Way
At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey? Production Operators perform assembly operations requiring frequent handling of heavy parts and will be trained to operate and/or adjust production equipment. The job will require the employee to switch between various production job assignments, and all job assignments are subject to rotation. Production Operators must be willing to perform work in a team environment – adhering to all attendance and safety rules, regulations & equipment requirements.
LocationUSA, Decatur, AL
How You'll Create Possibilities
The responsibility of the Production Operator can include but not be limited to the following:
- Operate on the line interacting and cooperating with other team members to complete job tasks on different models of the same product moving along the line.
- Perform repetitive line assembly operations to assemble product quickly to approved specifications.
- Apply and follow all standardized work and operating instructions.
- Utilize wide range of powered-hand tools to assembly check, adjust or repair appliances.
- Various general assembly activities required including: driving screws and/or assembling other fasteners; applying tape, insulation or other materials; assembling/fastening wire harnesses, terminating wires; checking, adjusting, or repairing sub or final assemblies; testing and/or packaging of sub or final assemblies.
- Inspect work to verify quality and conformance to required specifications.
- Complete production and performance by following all policies and practices to meet Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost including, but not limited to: required personal protective equipment, identifying/reporting unsafe working conditions; attention to detail - identifying and reporting quality issues found through in-line checking and reporting of critical appearance defects for resolution.
- Complete daily 5S requirements.
- Must be able to perform the above essential job functions job with or without an accommodation.
What You'll Bring to Our Team
- Must be dependable and have good attendance record including timely arrival for work
- Must be able to work any shift and work overtime as necessary
- Must have effective English language and verbal communication skills, and capable of following written and verbal instructions
- Must be willing to cross train and rotate between various production assignments as required
- Must be 18 years of age or older, and legally authorized to work in the United States; for this job we will not sponsor individuals for employment visas
- Must be willing to work in a tobacco-free environment
HERE’S WHAT YOU MUST BE ABLE TO DO
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment.
- Constant standing with frequent walking and occasional sitting.
- Frequently lifting/carrying various parts for assembly – up to 42 lbs.
- Occasional pushing/pulling – up to 35 lbs.
- Constant grasping, squeezing, pinching and fine motor dexterity with both hands.
- Constant reaching overhead, at shoulder level, below the waist, and at floor level.
- Occasional bending, stooping, twisting and pivoting.
- Occasionally stair climbing.
- Frequent neck twisting, rotation and extension.
- Must be able to work with parts/equipment which may be hot, cold, and/or wet.
- Must be able to access required areas pertaining to job including, but not limited to: foam rooms, chemicals, high noise, and other areas of the plant.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior assembly or production experience in fast paced, high volume manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred
- Prior experience assembling mechanical components
- Knowledge of safe shop operation practices
- Ability to identify maintenance issues with machinery or equipment
GEA offers a benefits package, including medical, dental and vision benefits on the first day of employment. Other benefits offered are vacation and personal time off, short-term disability, life insurance and a 401K savings plan with company match.
All candidates must satisfactorily pass a post-offer drug & alcohol test, pre-hire medical exam and background check, including work authorization.
GE Appliances, a Haier company offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org