||Decatur, AL United States
|| Finance/Economics, Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Insurance, Manufacturing and Production, Other / General, Executive Management, Quality Control, Research & Development, Medical, Energy / Utilities
MAINTENANCE - ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN
Job LocationUSA, Decatur, AL
Job Posting TitleMAINTENANCE - ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN
The ChallengeGE Appliances, a Haier Company is experiencing significant growth, which is creating over 250 quality jobs in Decatur, AL. We have an immediate need for an Electrical Technician. We offer competitive pay rates, established/non-rotating shifts, a great work environment, comprehensive benefits, generous retirement plan, paid time off and for a limited time, you could receive a sign-on bonus when you join our team!
This position will be part of a maintenance team in a high volume, fast-paced manufacturing environment. Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Manager, this position will perform various skilled and semi-skilled tasks in electrical repair and maintenance.
What you will Do
- Maintaining, troubleshooting/repairing electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting Variable Frequency Drives, Process Logic Controllers, Servo Drives, Setting and adjusting Parameters and replacement of such devices.
- Thorough know of electricity to include AC & DC power, single phase and 3 phase power.
- Maintaining/troubleshooting/repairing hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical/mechanical equipment and pumps.
- Basic knowledge of PLC's to include reading and modifying.
- Performing preventive maintenance
- Completing shop records and use reporting systems following established procedures.
- Adjust manufacturing equipment and testing machinery for accuracy.
- Assisting other maintenance persons with equipment repair
- Using a wide range of powered-hand tools (air/electric guns) and vibratory tools/equipment.
- Work in a safe manner at all times being aware of potential hazards in the area and safeguarding those hazards.
What you need to Succeed
- Associates Degree in an Electrical/Electronics field, or similar or equivalent trade certification
- Minimum of 3-years experience in electrical maintenance in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Must have work experience with AC/DC power & process logic controllers (PLC) used in manufacturing.
- Demonstrated multi-craft skills & proficient in at least one additional craft such as pneumatics, welding, injection molding, hydraulics or millwright.
- Must be able to read and interpret detailed drawings and prints.
- Must be able to use a wide range of powered-hand tools (air/electric guns) and vibratory tools/equipment.
- The successful candidate must have required education and/or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be team oriented and work well with others.
- Must be able to work any shift as needed with the ability to change shifts, work overtime, holidays and weekends as required.
- Must be capable of attaining annual medical clearance for respirator usage as well as medical clearance to all areas of the plant.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a fork truck certification.
- While performing the duties of this job you may be asked to:
- Intermittently sit or stand with frequent walking.
- Occasionally lift or move component parts up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing/pulling up to 35 lbs.
- Use hands to handle or feel parts - grasp, squeeze, pinch, manual dexterity.
- Reach with hands and arms, stoop, twist, kneel, crouch, bend at the waist or crawl.
- Talk and hear, use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
- May be exposed to outside weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and /or humid conditions; high, precarious places, fumes, or airborne particles, foam rooms and caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
We Offer a comprehensive, competitive and flexible selection of benefits that encompass a wide range of employee services that are designed to support your physical and financial health and encourage a healthy work-life balance.
- Healthcare Benefits beginning first day of employment – Medical, Dental & Vision
- Company provided disability benefits
- Established/Non-Rotating Shifts
- Vacation/Paid time off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan with generous matching
- Company provided Life & Accidental Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement – after 1 year of employment
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.